Wednesday, February 12, 2003

To prepare or not to prepare that is the question....
Given the upgrade of the governement terrorist threat condition and all the instructions on what to do in an emergency. I am wondering if I should start preparing for the worst. I live very close to midtown and downtown Manhattan, this of course is a prime target for terrorist. The problem is I live on the 19th floor of an apartment building. The rooms all have large windows and there is not a room I can seal off.
If there is a bio/chemical attack all the instructions tell you to go to your basement or another room you can completly seal off, and to put duct tape and plastic over all windows in the house. I don't have a basement, i'm on the 19th floor. Should I bother to duct tape and plastic over my windows?? will it protect me at all.
I have not stockpiled food or water yet either. Right now my plan is to head to a fall out shelter but I don't know where any are... I tried to find fall out shelters online but had no luck. Does anyone know how to find where the fall out shelters are? I will probably call the town hall and ask them.
Here is the white house guide to surviving terrorist attacks.
White House





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?