Friday, February 14, 2003

WHAT THE????
On the subway yesterday I heard this god awful sound that scared the shit out of me. I thought I was being attacked by a pterodactyl or something but it turned out to be a women with the scariest case of the hick-ups ever.
It was a sound from the darkest of nightmares, like a screaming banchee from hell ready to take your soul. At first I didn't know where the sound was coming from, I only knew it was close and in the subway car. I looked in the direction of the sound but only saw a pleasant looking women with a slight smile on her face. I heard it again, I got goosebumbs. I walked warily backwards to the corner of the car and heard it again. Now I was sure it was emminating from inside the women.

At the next stop a mother and a little boy got on the train and the little boy sat in the empty seat next to the women. I heard the women tell the little boy that she had a serious case of the hiccups and that it might frighten him. Sure enough, when the silence was broken by a screaching pterodactyl cry, the little boy got up and ran to his mom. Banchee women then explained she had a stomach disorder that gave her those kind of hiccups and she couldn't help it.

If Banchee women is married, her husband is a very brave man. I think I would have a heartattack if I was sleeping in bed one night and heard that awful awful sound in the darkness next to me.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?