Friday, March 07, 2003

Memorial in Utah
During my Summer roadtrip I had a similar experience when I visited the Oklahoma City Memorial.

It made me wonder about how the new WTC site will be completely different from how it used to be. Before 9-11 it was a lively festive place. During my lunch I would often sit in the outdoor plaza between the towers and enjoy the sun, the flowers growing, and the festive music of a live band that played free concerts almost everyday during the spring and summer. Food vendors would be selling hot dogs and pretzels, tourist would be snapping pictures and gawking up at the towers. It was a fun place to be, and a nice escape from sitting in front of a computer at my office.
The new WTC site will be a somber, emotional, reflective place. They will rebuild but the mood there will be forever changed.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?