Monday, April 14, 2003

Lights, camera, action: if we got that war wrong, we could always shoot it again
Before their forces had taken one step towards Basra, coalition leaders announced plans to helicopter in journalists and broadcast instant scenes of joyous Iraqis greeting troops. In the words of the US Marine commander, they apparently believed that: “The first image of this war will define the conflict.” When the people of Basra failed to play the part scripted for them, the search for that defining image moved on.

This war has made me skeptical of the current administration. I don't want spin doctors, scare tactics and pure propaganda to convince me a war is right. I want the truth!!!!!!!! I can just imagine Rumsfeld yelling back "You can't handle the Truth!!"





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?