Tuesday, June 10, 2003

But I like eating meat....
I was at a concert on Saturday at Giant Stadium it was cold and rainy. When I went inside the stadium concourse to take shelter and eat I walked by a vegan anti-meat information booth. I had just finished stuffing the last of an Italian sausage into my mouth and stopped at the booth. They had a video of a slaughter house. It was very nasty and detestable footage of how the animals are treated.
I like eating meat and it's a natural part of the human diet yet I hate the way animals are treated in the mass production food industry. I would not become vegetarian for the sake of being vegetarian but because I don't like how animals I eat are treated. I want the meat industry to change to improve the quality of life for the animal. I want to eat meat without any guilty conscious that the animal I am eating lived a tortured hell on earth life before it was painfully slaughtered.
My mom is always telling me to eat less meat because itoo much meat is bad for your health. I think I am going to listen to her and eat less meat. Maybe if enough people stop or eat less meat the meat industry will reform and treat the animals better.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?