Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Iraqi Army out of work out of pay

The formal disbanding of the army last month threw hundreds of thousands of conscripts out of work, and several thousand demonstrated yesterday for jobs at the headquarters of Iraq's chief U.S. administrator, Paul Bremer. Some of the marchers threatened violence if they were not rehired.

"All of us will become suicide bombers," former officer Khairi Jassim told The Associated Press. "I will turn my six daughters into bombs to kill the Americans."


Ugh!! Is this the kind of people we want to Iraqi army to be made of?

The other part of this Daily News Story is about the Iranians capturing 4 G.I.s. I thought this could be a "Gulf of Tonkin" like incident the Bush administration might be waiting for to go medieval on Iran. But the G.I.s were released unharmed and might have been in Iranian waters so Gulf of Tonkin incident probably averted for now.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?