Friday, June 20, 2003

Why don't we care about the WMD?
Interesting article about psychology of the masses. View the advertisement to read the entire article.

Here is a comment I put on Spot On an excellent blog. I answered a question from Karol, that I have been answering a lot lately. I acutally copied and pasted this from past times I have discussed this (but not the intro, that is new).

If i were to get an anonomyous tip that Richard Gere stuck gerbils up his ass. This tip came with a picture of richard gere buying a gerbil at a pet store. To me this is very shaky, unreliable evidence. There could be many reasons Richard Gere was buying a gerbil that have nothing to do with putting it up his ass.
Now if I were to announce to the world I had evidence proving for certain Richard Gere stuck gerbils up his ass, I would be being intellectually dishonest. Even if it later turned out to be true and Richard Gere does indeed stick Gerbils up his ass, I am still dishonest for using my faulty evidence as truth.
For me the point of questioning the evidence used by the Bush administration is not to say the war was unjustified. We are justified either way because Saddam did not prove he eliminated them like he claimed he did.
But I do question if Bush knowingly presented shaky, unreliable, debunked evidence as fact and absolute certainty to promote the war. If he did that is intellectual dishonesty and in matters so grave as attacking another country it can be scandalous.
If the Bush administration presented their case that Iraq had WMD and an active WMD program to the public and congress in a misleading way then finding WMD in Iraq will NOT vindicate the Bush administration.
I hope if there are weapons they are found, it will vindicate America and our allies in this war.
I hope Bush did not manipulate and mislead Congress, the American public and the world about the quality and certainty of the intelligence and evidence that Iraq had WMD. I hope their is classified evidence we have not seen that will vindicate Bush.
So far the evidence the administration has used has been debunked or deemed unreliable.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?