Tuesday, August 03, 2004

They always wave at me

It seems the FDNY VS NYPD saga continues. I am always hearing about this bitter rivalry between the FDNY and the NYPD in the media. From my experience I haven't witnessed it. I know they got into a scuffle at the world trade center site which led to the arrest of some firefighters. But those were very emotional times, so that kind of behavior is not the norm. In my experience cops and firefighters get along fine and the rivalry is good natured. There is a saying among cops that goes: "Firefighers are perps who put out fires"
Meaning the only reason cops respond to fires is to make sure the firefighters don't steal.
I have never watched the show NYPD 24/7. So don't really know what happened but I think the FDNY is being a little too touchy.

This part is complete hogwash.
"The firefighters union was outraged, and published an ad claiming the lieutenant was "handpicked" by the NYPD as its "poster boy" — and suggesting Kelly was behind a smear campaign. "

Anyway, when they see me in uniform they always wave when they drive by in their big shiny trucks.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?